Thursday, May 7, 2009

Is the Chamber protecting Pawlowski?

I just heard that the Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a City Council debate to be held at Symphony Hall. They are not including a Mayoral debate, I assume because the Mayor knows he would come out on the losing end. It is no secret that the Chamber prefers Pawlowski's big business approach to contract making, but I think maybe this is going too far. As a non profit, I would expect that the Chamber needs to stay away from backing a candidate, or even appearing to favor one. Beside one of their employees being a council candidate, it seems clear to me that they are leaving the Mayoral debate out because it would make their preferred candidate, Pawlowski, look bad. He has been spreading untruths and spin, and does not want to be called on it, so he wants to avoid a debate. Write to the chamber, call Symphony Hall @ 610-432-6715, and write to the newspaper and demand that they schedule a mayoral debate.

1 comment: