Thursday, April 23, 2009

updates on news

Two articles in blogs caught my attention today.
http://blogs.mcall.com/allentown/2009/04/a-silent-endorsement.html

endorsements


crime


In the first, Mcall reporter Renshaw claims “Most people expect Pawlowski to breeze through the primary”. By what source he feels confident in making this assessment, I am unsure. In my door to door and general appearances throughout the City, I have observed that most people would vote for anyone except Pawlowski. He is not well liked by the average voter. I have had a tremendous response to my candidacy. I advised Renshaw to be careful in his generalizations, or back them up with facts. I also point out that I would expect politically active people to be endorsing Pawlowski, because he is well know for his retaliatory behavior. I point out that I expect that even those who have allowed their name to be used, to protect their positions, will still vote for me in the election. Many endorsements he has are not even voters in Allentown. I'll take my endorsements at the polls, where they count the most.

In the other blog, LVCI, I took issue with his attempt at putting a positive spin on Pawlowski's blatant denial of the extent of drug and gang involvement in City crime. LVCI suggested that perhaps Pawlowski is afraid of retaliation (isn't that ironic!) and so is downplaying, publicly, the extent of the gang influence, to protect himself and his family. In my post I point out that it is Pawlowski's job to be up front and public against crime and criminals, including gangs. I also suggest the proper way this might occur, and note that lying to the public is not one of the ethical options. Either he is out of touch, or Pawlowski is lying, either of which is good reason to vote for me, Nepon, in the coming primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment